Diving deeper and going further back into the minimal sound.(more…)
Last year I did a VIP mix of the Inner City classic titled ‘Good Love‘ to be used exclusively on my own DJ sets… Up until now, the only way to listen to it was to pay a short visit to my SoundCloud profile. However, it was merely a short excerpt what could be found there… Today, and since I am in love, I have decided to spread the love a bit more and, after a due re-visit of the mixdown and master*, I have uploaded the full version to my YouTube channel.
Not available for download.
*I have used LANDR for the master utilized on this video
New mix!! About 80 minutes of records I like; new, old and exclusives, all put together for your (and your hips’) enjoyment, presented by the awesome guys at FLUSH, who are doing a great job in the local scene with their podcasts and parties all over the city which champion a left-field take on House music; much needed deed in the formulaic soup the local scene regularly boils into.
“Flushcast 002 – Bogota | 05·05·14
In a city where djs, producers and musicians keep aiming at reproducing well worn trends, where underground music stands small against the tropical top 40 in a scene so confused with its own identity it hardly resembles what it’s trying to portray, Phillip O stands tall as one of the most uncompromising artists to come out of Colombia. Working quietly from the outskirts of Bogotá Phillip has built one of the most interesting catalogs of music we’ve heard recently and we’re pleased to introduce him to whomever doesn’t know him and to reintroduce him to those who forgot.
Mixed by PHILLIP O for the underground rave society”
I tried to condense the sounds that dominated my year on this mix. Recorded on December 2012
- Tracklist: Christopher Rau – Swearing (Original Vinyl Version) [Thema]
- Wadsworth – Barefoot [One Records]
- East End Dubs – Feelin (Original Mix) [East End Dubs]
- Bearweasel – Argumentative [Argumento Music]
- Boola – Predator [Innervisions]
- Hrdvsion – Prettier Than That (Hrdvsiovsiivosvsiosvin remix) [Wagon Repair]
- Spencer Parker – Beautiful Noise [Rekids]
- Huxley – Shower Scene [Act Natural]
- Negru & Boola – Jean Pierre Reloaded [All Inn]
- Head High – Rave (Dirt Mix) [Power House]
- Beta-Test – Bang The Club [D1 Recordings]
- Negru & Boola – Hold On (Phil Weeks Dub Mix) [All Inn]
- Mr G. – Pumped Up [Rekids]
- Model 500 – I wanna Be There [R&S Records]
- Deepchild – Riyadh [Thoughtless]
- Tuff City Kids – SFS [Unterton]
- Amir – Narrativity (Justin Drake Remix) [Tsuba]
- Bleak – Bold [Sudden Drop]
- Dandy Jack – Hamlet Machine (Deadbeat “Horns Of Jerico”) [Caduceus]
- Willie Graff & Tuccillo – Go Deep [Circus Company]
- Monolojik – Hipna [white label]
- Maan – L1 [Non Series]
- Beaner – Michelle Fuckhead [Thema]
- DJ Hell ft P Diddy – The DJ (Spencer Parker Remix) [Gigolo]
- Burial – Unite [Soul Jazz Records]
This DJ set broadcasted on Tapering radio show on Peruvian RadioSanBolsa, hosted by Gonzalo Pierrend.
Mixed and recorded by Phillip O on April 2012.
- Utku Dalmaz – That Night (Phillip O Remix) [Sound Mass]
- Manuel Belgrano – Attraktion [Natural Rhytm]
- David Glass – Hood Chicks (Patryk Molinari Deep Mix) [Witty Tunes]
- Martin Brodin – Freaky Bleepy (Spencer Parker’s Freaky Bleepy Remixy) [Buzzin’ Fly]
- Sjoerd Mats – The Super [Callote]
- Spencer Parker – Never Stop The Action [Cr2]
- Diavlo – All About The Music (Phillip O Remix) [Factomania]
- Spencer K – Benjouda
- Daniel Fernandez – Wasted Time [Witty]
- Toby Holguin – Forever Numb [Basswalk]
- Chuck Cogan – Deep Chaser [Ooze]
Listen here: http://phillipo.podomatic.com/entry/2010-11-19T13_17_13-08_00